Posted to alt.home.repair
RobertMacy RobertMacy is offline

Default Waterproofing product For A Cardboard Tube ?

On Wed, 08 Oct 2014 06:59:30 -0700, Unquestionably Confused
wrote:

On 10/8/2014 8:47 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Cap, one end, cleanout on other end. Grease the threads.

As to the dessicants, that info has to be on the
web some where. Water boils at 212, so can't be
much more temp than that. I'd worry about damaging
the cloth bags, if it's too hot.

Depending upon the size of the PVC he uses, he can probably find smaller
metallic encased dessicant packs. I bought some metal ones that are
around the size of a BIC lighter and I have one canister about 4" in
diameter by 5" tall for the personal safe at home. Think that I
rejuvenate either one at about 375 degrees for varying periods of time.
Color change pink to blue to pink.

That said, not sure the OP really needs that much protection or if it
would even be good for a quality bamboo rod. If fiberglass or graphite,
what difference would it make? I'm guessing he was worried more about
mold or mildew forming?

Most people don't realize that those personal safe's have an intense
amount of moisture in them in order to meet that 'prolonged exposure to
fire' requirement! That's why you found them being dumped at insane
prices everywhere for a while.