Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default Anybody have a spare cable tension gauge?

On 10/7/2014 3:34 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Or just buy a marine Loos Gauge.
About $75 at West Marine for the smaller one.

Ayup. Got $75 ? I sure don't for a "luxury" item.

I do have lots of stuff to trade though.

Gunner

So how big is your "boat buck", Gunner?

For most sailboats, a boat buck is one grand.
For smaller boats, it can be as small as $100.

We use the term "boat buck" so we don't have to deal with dollars.
Who wants to know how may dollars something for the boat cost?
Fractions of a boat buck are a lot easier to justify.

But the Loos gage is not a luxury.
Certainly not for a trailer sailor.
It's a tool. A rigging tool.
An IMPORTANT rigging tool.
And you need one - if you are serious about sailing.