Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Homobase

whisky-dave wrote
stuart noble wrote

Most people that think of killing themselves do it on the spot and
use whatever is to hand they don;t normally go out and purchase
items. These people aren't normally in their 'right mind' at the time.

Those who hang themselves need to plan ahead,

and why few suicides use hanging if something else is availible.

In fact the majority are that way.
http://lostallhope.com/suicide-stati...ethods-suicide

Poeple in prison cells attempt this I know a prison warder who has to
remove
their belts. and anyhting else that can be used in a suicide attempt.

as do those who do it via their car exhaust.

if they have a car in a convienent place.

And have a very old car.

Jumps may be more spur of the moment, but I think
there's evidence that even they are well planned.

You can't easily stop things that are well planned the
thing about pills is that your parents, siblings, friends,
anyone can buy asprin type drugs and store them and
if you happen to feel like topping yuorself in the home
the bathroom cabinet isn't far, and is usualy stocked.

http://frater.com/suicidelist.html

pills are the most comonly attempted way

No they arent.
http://lostallhope.com/suicide-stati...ethods-suicide

because they don;t think of such things as being painful.