Posted to alt.home.repair
Todd Todd is offline

Default damn that release trigger!

On 10/07/2014 11:22 AM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 7 Oct 2014 10:48:46 -0700 (PDT), Roy
wrote:

[some redundant empty lines removed]

LEOSA should have, IMO, went further to provide for open carry in
_every_ state.

"Congress declared LEOSA's purpose was to implement "national measures

of uniformity and consistency" and allow officers to carry a concealed

firearm "anywhere within the United States."

Wiki:

https://tinyurl.com/pqv2eh7

Why would any civilized society need to have carry weapons laws which ALLOWED such activity? If this was the old "Wild West", I could see the value in such laws.

Perhaps I can give you the simple answer, Roy. A well armed society is
a polite society. Do you not feel a moral responsibility to protect
yourself, your family, others, and to stop tyranny of government
tyrants?

Hi Oren,

Well stated.

One of the problems here is that left wingers follow a
philosophy called "social movement theory". In that
theory there is no right or wrong.

In reality, humanity will always have bad people,
whether they be individuals or the government class.
We Will Never Be Rid Of Them.

An armed society vastly reduces the temptations
presented to bad people. And when bad people act out,
an armed society reduces the damage they can create.

Does it strike you odd that the leftists use the
"Wild West" analogy when

1) the east had far more crime that the west

2) there has not been a single incident of a
concealed carry permit holder going nuts
and shooting the place up.

And bad guys have no trouble whatsoever getting guns.
I had a sincere leftist ask me one day how they got them.
I told her the same way they get drugs. They certainly
don't go through legitimate gun stores.

-T