Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Homobase

polygonum wrote
whisky-dave wrote

and why few suicides use hanging if something else is availible.
Poeple in prison cells attempt this I know a prison warder who has to
remove their belts. and anyhting else that can be used in a suicide
attempt.

The top pathologist in a hospital I knew well hanged himself in a basement
toilet. Struck me that he was in a position with both understanding and
access to the means for many alternatives, yet that is what he chose.

Maybe because it was less likely that he would get
caught and stopped before he could kill himself.

Certainly what is used to kill animals that have passed
their useby date is very effective and reliable, but not
that easy to use on yourself reliably.

Even just using some inert gas isnt that easy to
use as a bit of rope in a hospital environment
with a minimal risk of getting stopped.

Presumably he didn’t want to do it at home
because of who would find the corpse there.