Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Homobase

On Monday, 6 October 2014 14:34:36 UTC+1, Tim Watts wrote:
On 06/10/14 14:03, whisky-dave wrote:

No it's due to suicides as it's a common way top attempt it pill overdose

http://freakonomics.com/2011/05/17/w...ls-in-england/

Which is odd as it must the worst method possible.

Yep, that's the problem the people that think like this aren't thinking straight.

It either doesn't work or it takes so long to work that the victim
changes their mind by which time their liver is so buggered that death
is merely a matter of time - a horrible nasty painful time.

Yep, it's the simplest drug to take and the one most likely to be in the home in quantity. That's why they stopped selling large containers of 200 because people brought them to save money. Those considering suicide because they weanted to die or for attention just headed for the nearest bottle of pills.

If I wanted to top myself, I'd use any inert gas except for CO2.

So you have inert gas in your home just waiting to be used.

Most people that think of killing themselves do it on the spot and use whatever is to hand they don;t normally go out and purchase items. These people aren't normally in their 'right mind' at the time.

One of
which is very readily available on the high street.

So were asprins in large quantities and the majority of attempted suicides.

http://www.suicidemethods.net/suicide-methods/

guns illegal in the UK, so it's pills or join the armed forces to 'fight' in another country would be my suggestion.