Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Which blade to resaw green wood?

HerHusband wrote in
:

I have a Grizzly 14" G0555 bandsaw with a riser kit. I primarily just
use it for resawing.

I have been using the 105" Woodslicer blade which performs OK.

Unfortunately, I tried resawing some green logs today and the blade
had lots of problems with binding and warping. I assume the blade is
toast now.

After the fact, of course, I read that Woodslicer is specifically NOT
recommended for sawing green lumber. Ooops. Live and learn.

I've also read that I shouldn't use a blade thicker than .025" on a
14" bandsaw. The blades I've seen for green lumber are all thicker
than that.

Are there any bandsaw blades you would recommend for resawing green
lumber?

Thanks,

Anthony

Next time you order from Highland, you might want to give one of their
"Woodturner's Blades" a try. I've used it several times to cut green and
greenish logs, and it seems to work well.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.