Posted to alt.home.repair
Guv Bob Guv Bob is offline

Default Patio Cover Tear-down

wrote in message ...
WHy not remove the 2x2's before you start tying anything to trees. Then, just remove the stringers/joists going from the house to the far end one at a time, and then remover the 12 x 12 framework,then remove the support posts at the corners, and then finally the bean that is attached to the house. Simple to do, no safety issues, just the reverse of how it was probably built.

Sounds good to me. Thanks. I'll still tie the posts to the trees as insurance to be sure nothing falls toward the house. Best laid plans, etc....