Posted to alt.home.repair
Todd Todd is offline

Default damn that release trigger!

On 10/6/2014 7:35 PM, Todd wrote:
On 10/6/2014 3:55 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 10/6/2014 3:57 PM, Oren wrote:
Fortunately, I'm exempt
from all this, living in PRNY. We don't have guns.

Look at your state law. Look for Peace Officer qualifications. I
formally lived in your Commonwealth of NY. Spit!

Many years ago, can't remember the source. I read
that on duty LEO from other states are not allowed
to carry handguns in NYS, even while on duty.
Unless they have a NYS pistol license. Not sure
how true is that, but I believe it.

No longer the case, Stormy...

Look up or DAGS on LEOSA (Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act) signed by
Bush II in, IIRC 2006. Also known as HR218. Any honorably retired LEO
either pensioned or off on physical disablity (not mental) can qualify
annually and carry in any of the 50 dates and the District. LEOSA
trumps state law (even PRNY and PRC/PRK) The only limitation I have on
carrying is government buildings and airports/airplanes. Also on
private property where the OWNER decides he doesn't want firearms.
Anywhere else? I don't need no stinking permit!g

You shouldn't need a permit to start with.

My credit union has a no guns sign out the door. Give
me the creeps. Tells the bad guys it is a free shooting
zone.

I'd definitely eat he

http://money.cnn.com/2014/10/02/smal...nts/index.html

Ladies with rifles, always hot.

True that. I carry everywhere except the government buildings with
detectors. The operative word is CONCEALED. If I HAVE to use it to
save my bacon, the last thing I'm going to worry about is that stupid
"Armed Nuts and Criminals Welcome" sign. I'd wager that about 98% of
the working coppers feel the same way.

Whenever I am around someone packing, I feel safer.

Have a customer (owner) who packs at work. Has his own
gun safe at work too. Whenever I catch him carrying, I
always make sure and ask him in front of his employees:
"Employee problems?" Love the looks I get from his
employees. He carry a .40.