Posted to rec.woodworking
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default Which blade to resaw green wood?

I have a Grizzly 14" G0555 bandsaw with a riser kit. I primarily just use
it for resawing.

I have been using the 105" Woodslicer blade which performs OK.

Unfortunately, I tried resawing some green logs today and the blade had
lots of problems with binding and warping. I assume the blade is toast now.

After the fact, of course, I read that Woodslicer is specifically NOT
recommended for sawing green lumber. Ooops. Live and learn.

I've also read that I shouldn't use a blade thicker than .025" on a 14"
bandsaw. The blades I've seen for green lumber are all thicker than that.

Are there any bandsaw blades you would recommend for resawing green lumber?

Thanks,

Anthony