Posted to alt.home.repair
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default damn that Julie Bove!

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 10/6/2014 4:54 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

There just seems to be a whole lot of bad repair type companies in this
area. Perhaps in every area. I don't know. This is the first house
I've ever owned. I was in military housing or renting prior.

There are bad ones all over the place. More bad than good, it seems. The
bigger the ad in the yellow pages, the worse they are, it seems. Word of
mouth is the best way to find the right guys. I'm remodeling two
bathrooms. No one that is doing any of the work advertises at all, yet
they are very busy.

If you find a good guy, treat him well and he will treat you well and he
will also know who does other types of work and who to avoid.

That's what this good guy said. He said he doesn't even advertise any more.
Neither does my roofer. I saw his crew working two doors down and watched
them for a while. I was pleased with the way they worked so I asked the
neighbor who they were and hired them.