The Davenports

Default I hate it when that happens...

The caliper I sent has a depth rod built into it. Try using that, with

So, so that's what that doohickey is. Cute.

the lathe stopped, and leave yourself 1/2" of bottom. After you part
it off, there'll be a lot less than that. Don't worry about the bowl,
there's more where that came from. I'm glad nobody got hurt.

It's still a pity though, if only for the look on the boy's face when it
flew off the lathe.

Not nearly as bad as the look on his face when I had to show him that the
dog ate his pinewood derby car though.

Today wasn't a very good day. It could have been worse though.

Definitely
could have been worse.

Actually, it sounds like a great day to me...you spent some good time with
the kid. THAT in and of itself, has to be worth it!

OK, so you ended up showing the boy that Dad is human after all, but that
really isn't all that bad.

Just as long as your wife never finds out you're human, the kid will keep
your secret.

Mike