Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] efglowacki@gmail.com is offline

Default GE SpaceMaker washer w/MAGIC FILTER: Need advice on this filter

On Monday, September 6, 2010 7:00:20 PM UTC-5, Torchwood wrote:
I just moved into a small apartment that has a GE
Spacemaker clothes washer with tow "Magic filters" on
inside of the stainless steel tub.

I pulled these tow plastic housing out and they were
both PACKED with crap. Thing is I cant tell if there
was some kind of paper filter IN the housings..... or
if this crap was just lint packed so tightly and flat
as to appear to be a paper filter!!

Anyone have one of these units and can fill me in?

The filling is lint, hair and such pulled from clothing. The only part to
the filter is the plastic housing, and the metal screen. Check it after
every load.
Our filters need cleaned out after every second load. I have two dogs, a
cat, and a wonderful wife, all who shed. It can fill up fast.

What scares me, is how much stuff was staying in my clothes, before these
filter things.

Message sent through http://www.BetterHomePortal.com

Torchwood - If you wondered if you might make your mark on the world - you just helped someone 4 years in the future from your post. Your description of what the Magic Filter actually is ("the plastic housing, and the metal screen") eased my mind and grossed me out at the same time as I saw what was in that filter from the previous tenants. I will monitor it now to see how quickly it fills. Ew. And Thanks!