Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Craiglist Mill Gloat

On Sun, 5 Oct 2014 18:52:36 -0600, "L Fisk" wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 4 Oct 2014 22:01:55 -0600, "L Fisk" wrote:
"L Fisk" wrote in message
Not to exciting to you eastern boys
but here in Idaho been looking for a decent mill
for awhile. Found an older 5hp 10X54 Taiwan built Acra - CK-4HK
for $400. weighs about 3,000lbs ??

You will GENERALLY find a 2 or 2.5hp motor on most BP/clone mills.
3hp is rather unusual.

Your mill is a slightly beefier version..as one can tell by the
weight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fysGs_uZ928

Clearly stamped 3hp but is a Jih Chin taiwan induction motor
so probably only as strong as a 2hp Baldor :-)
writing is kinda faded but can see a .6 under 230v and 4.3 @440v
9.6 amp should be bout right for a 3ph 3hp motor @230v
I will put a amp gauge on it when I get it wired and see.

Dont bother.

2hp is good enough for what it was made for. Simply make chips and
enjoy!!

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke