Eric

Default I hate it when that happens...

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message ...
Silvan wrote: (clip) The up side is that it didn't crack when it hit the
wall. It's a beautiful little walnut bowl with a 1" hole in the bottom
(clip)
^^^^^^^^^^
I would glue a plaque in the bottom with his name, the words, "My first
bowl," and the date. You could use a jam chuck or a "doughnut" chuck to
clean up the hole. I would make the plaque out of an attractive contrasting
wood, so it doesn't look like an effort to hide a patch. Or, you could go
to a trophy shop and have one engraved in brass.

Or, you could turn an insert out of the same wood, and conceal the seam by
turning some circles at the edge. In any case, I would not leave this kid
with a failure as the result of all that you did together.

Why is that the bottom has to be as thin as possible? I agree that
walls should be thin (and even depending on the prupose/not too thin
for a food bowl), but leaving the bottom with 1/2 " thickness would
not really matter would it?