Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Weston John Weston is offline

Default Garage Door motor

In article , asalcedo.e773288
@diybanter.com says...

The fuse is fine. The leds seem to be fine.

No apparent faults or burnt signs.

The unit was working perfectly well, next day, when I operated it
(nobody else did before me), it just stopped responding, with no noise
or abnormal sign.

I am going to try to install a new motor myself.

Does anybody have an opinion about which brand I should purchase?

Thanks,

Antonio

Check there isn't an anti-theft interlock first. The door I
have has a pawl that drops into a hole if someone tries to
force the roller door up manually, thereby stopping further
movement of the mechanism, including by the motor. It can be
released using a separate non-obvious mechanism to lift the
pawl, allowing the motor to run as normal.

The motor drive fuse doesn't blow because it's stopped by the
same mechanism that detects an obstruction when operated
normally.

--
John W