asalcedo asalcedo is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Liquorice[_2_] View Post
On Sat, 4 Oct 2014 18:09:27 +0200, asalcedo wrote:

It has stopped responding to the remote control or the wired switch.

Fuse? Check any on the unit as well. Any little lilghts that should
be on or blink as the remotes or wired switch are operated?

The Everest engineer has seen the door and has told me that they replace
the whole motor assembly, with two new remotes. At a cost of £1060,
which seemed to me extremely high.

What a total waste of resources, assuming that they go to the dump. I
rather expect them to go back, get repaired and be sold again "new"
units.

I also expect you got the door installed with a whacking great
"discount" provided you signed up there and then.

At £1060 I'd be having the covers of and fixing it myself. If it's
just "dead" I'd be looking at power supplies first and establishing
it has what it needs to live.

--
Cheers
Dave.

No apparent faults or burnt signs.

The unit was working perfectly well, next day, when I operated it (nobody else did before me), it just stopped responding, with no noise or abnormal sign.

I am going to try to install a new motor myself.

Does anybody have an opinion about which brand I should purchase?

Thanks,

Antonio