Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default Strange refrigerator noises

On 10/4/2014 3:04 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 04 Oct 2014 09:30:00 -0400, Art Todesco
wrote:

I have a Whirlpool side by side and the ice will drop, but sometimes,
not into the bucket! I never took it apart to look, but I have heard the
fill water running and then, a second or so after the fill, the ice
drops into the bucket. So there are either 2 trays or a "holding area".
Weird!

There are occasions the arm lever will not lift to turn off the ice
maker. I've found cubes in parts of the freezer - shelves or on the
bottom. I attribute it to the "bucket" filling and a few ice cubes
fall before the metal arm turns off the unit. Or the arm lever knocks
a few cubes off the stack before it turns off the ice maker. IMHO

Well, said WP actually uses a photo sensor across the bucket. I'll have
to look in to see where the holding cell is.