Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Garage Door motor

On Sun, 05 Oct 2014 08:07:47 GMT, DerbyBorn wrote:

What the Everest man really means is:

"Everest can't be bothered to stock many spares so they only stock major
units. ...

Having a stock of parts across the country or a mechanisium to get
them where required in a timely manner costs money. Haveing a repair
depot with all the parts required and a handful of "skilled"
repairers so that refurbs can be sold as new is another matter,

We also can't be arsed to train our fitters to change small parts.

Yep, anything above normal installation proceedures will add costs.

Anyway, we can tell our customers that it is better to have a completely
new unit as you never know when something else might fail."

If I get told that it reduces any faith I had in the kit to almost
zero and opinion of the company changes to "will not recomend".

--
Cheers
Dave.