Posted to rec.woodworking

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

On 10/4/2014 6:54 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 04 Oct 2014 18:00:15 -0400, Bill
wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:
snip

the
local cash & carry.
------------------------------------
Saturday afternoon (10/04/14), the price of gas is now $3.39/gal at
the
local cash & carry.

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Nope. Oil works great. Filled up both cars today in Auburn AL (way
back from a week at the beach) at $2.969.

Lew

Lew, I think you'll like the video on this one! : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6ZLTLyJZpQ

Like the last one. ;-)

Yep - the TLA names for the prices....

I find it as a stock market scam. The barrel of oil is one level,
the gas is out of bounds from the oil basis. Gas gouging is easy for
the big guys - in town we have three gas suppliers. Two of them service
one station each and all of the various gas stations get it from one
supplier- in theory, different additives... I wonder some times.

It is 10 cents or more per gallon in this county than in neighbors.
Other towns are 20 and 30 miles away. I fill up there when out of town
but normally don't drive 20 miles fill up and drive back 20 miles.
When the prices were further apart, some friends with 100 gallon tanks
in their trucks would drive around the country side - search on an app
and buy a tank at a good price - sometimes 50 miles away.

Martin