Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] geraldrmiller@yahoo.ca is offline

Default Craiglist Mill Gloat

On Sat, 4 Oct 2014 13:14:29 -0600, "L Fisk" wrote:

Not to exciting to you eastern boys
but here in Idaho been looking for a decent mill
for awhile. Found an older 5hp 10X54 Taiwan built Acra - CK-4HK
for $400. weighs about 3,000lbs ??
Guy listed it as Machine mill Acura :-)
was there at first light, and he said he had several
more calls, imagine that!

Had that happen when I bought my 9" SB-"A" Guy ahead of me had to make
a phone call but I had the cash in my pocket!

I handed him $20 bills and got a bill of sale.
And went to fetch a trailer, to haul it 110 miles to home
setting on my shop floor now.
Can't really find too much info on it on the web
found the Acra website but doesn't list older models
but pretty a much a Bridgeport clone so not too big of problem
pretty decent shape cept for a couple broken handles
and the powerfeed case is smashed.
owner tipped it over at some point unloading it.
just need some serious cleaning,a VFD and a couple parts to get it going

---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada