Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Your Thoughts On Trey Gowdy

On Sat, 4 Oct 2014 11:28:11 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

slow eddy will never stop lying.

Show us an example, you slandering prick.

His entire life is based on lying, looking the other way, etc. He pretends to be a journalist but the reality is he writes ad copy that's only favorable to the advertiser he's writing about.

Tell that to my first publisher, who lost a $40,000 advertising
contract with Elox EDM because of an article I wrote -- and then he
accepted it when my editor (Andy Ashburn) stood behind my article.

You're full of crap, Jon. But then, nearly everyone knows that.

This problem is so bad in the CADCAM industry that you can never read the truth about a CADCAM program in any trade journal. I did something about this problem and started a LinkedIn group that now has over 2,300 members. The groups membership reads like a who's who of the CADCAM business.

And if you go to Jon's "group," a significant part of what you'll see
is people in the business trying to sell products and services to each
other. It's like watching them shine each other's shoes.

It's not advertising based.

That's because you can't. Outside of your "group," too many people in
the business know your reputation.

My LinkedIn group, CADCAM Technology Leaders, has changed the CADCAM business forever. For those who want proof here is just one example:

Right now you can read the former Director Of Software Engineering for CNC Software (Mastercam) talk about what's so wrong with the CADCAM business and what's holding back user productivity. You will never read anything like this is worthless, advertising based, machining rags that slow eddy is a puppet for.

"Former" director? Is he working off a grudge? If he has something
honest to say, he should have no trouble getting it published in, say,
_Manufacturing Engineering_ or _Cutting Tool Engineering_.

What I've done with my experience and my approach to not using any advertising is change the CADCAM business forever.

What you've done is slander half of the companies in the business.

What I've done scares the **** out of worthless, losers like slow eddy because it's so successful.

Oh, yeah, I'm terrified at the prospect that Jon's "success" is going
to impinge on the 25% - 30% or so of the 71,000 real shop people on
our mail list who click through a typical issue of Fab Shop. I'm also
terrified that all of the self-promoters who can't hold a job, and who
are on some kind of welfare, are going to undermine the real trade
journalism business by setting up no-pay "groups" as a kind of ersatz,
egomaniacal hobby.

Not.

None of slow eddy's approaches to trying to delegitimize my extensive knowledge of the CADCAM business...

Oh, mother...help us.

I think it's time for a review of one of the main Jon Banquer
entertainments. Whoever compiled this doesn't have the panache of
Whoyakidding, but it's fun, nevertheless:

======================================

"Without a doubt SaladWorks is a complete piece of ****" - Jon Banquer
- May 21, 2006

"SolidWorks is consuming every available minute of my learning time
right now." - Jon Banquer - Aug 12, 2007

"I've been away from SolidWorks for almost ten years. The program has
changed so much in ten years that I'm still way behind where I need to
be." - Jon Banquer - Aug. 26, 2007

"For the record I like SolidWorks" Jon Banquer April 10, 1998

"I'd hate to be using SolidWorks" -Jon Banquer - Jan 15, 2005

"OneCNC looks good." - Jon Banquer - Aug 31 2003

"OneCNC has a good product" - Jon Banquer - May 11 2005

"OneCNC is so bad that it can't be sold" - Jon Banquer - June 30,
2007
"May I remind you that your an anonymous loser who is too chicken
**** to post with his own name." - Jon Banquer - Dec 24 2006

Franco Folini UPDATE -- July 8, 2007 -- "Jon didn't respect our
agreement, posting comments under fake names."
-------------------------------
SolidWorks 2007 Bible "the content is just superb!" - Jon Banquer-
Aug 8, 2007

To the author SolidWorks 2007 Bible "I should knock down 200 or so
pages this week. Which still won't get me to Multibodies! Just
****ing ridiculous, Matt." - Jon Banquer - Aug 19-2007
-----------------------------------
"John Carroll is probably the best thing that has ever happened to
U.S. Vero" - Jon Banquer- June 16, 2001

"the type of scumbag that John Carroll is... which is why he can't
sell jack ****" - Jon Banquer- Sept 13, 2012
------------------------------------
"You never chain geometry in Gibbs or SmartCAM. It's not necessary."
Jon Banquer - May 20, 2005

>From the SmartCAM Manual "Create the elements in any order, and
sequence them later, using modeling tools such as Chain."
--------------------------------------
"I would strongly suggest you buy The SolidWorks Bible. It will give
you many insights into how SolidWorks works" - Jon Banquer - Aug 19,
2007

"For all your talk about design intent it's amazing how few examples
you actually give in the SolidWorks Bible on design intent. Why is
that ****tard?" - Jon Banquer - July 14, 2007
"The program is a buggy, overpriced under performing, POS that is a
tribute to Bill Gibbs enormous ego" - Jon Banquer -

"Love those GibbsCAM Machining Markers! Great idea" - Jon Banquer -
"Need I remind you that it's you who is too much of a pussy to say a
word to Bill Gibbs on how you really feel about his claims of no
chaining." - Jon Banquer - July 15, 2007

"Last time I saw Bill Gibbs at a trade show he almost ****ed in his
pants... I went out of my way to be polite and not disturb his
presentation." - Jon Banquer - Aug 11, 2007
=====================================
LOL!
I think some of those dates are from cross-posted replies, but who
knows.

Yes, this is pretty cheesy entertainment, but there's something
satisfying about harpooning a complete phony -- like Jon the Phony
Banquer.
Which reminds me of a Banquer post that reminds me about just how
flakey this guy is:
[Jon Banquer replying to Ed Huntress]:
Ed,
The newsgroup badly needs someone who is as articulate as you are.
Keep me on my toes and correct me where ever you think it's
appropriate,as I respect what you have to say based on what you have
already posted. I will certainly take the time to think about whatever
correction, advice, etc. you post. - Jon Banquer - Jun 23, 2002
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt....I/t2qa5vNd-rQJ
You bettcha, Jon!

OMFG that was hilarious!

"Reading "whoyakidding" nail Gunner on a daily basis on all the lies
Gunner has told over many years on Usenet is easily the highlight of
this newsgroup for me." Jon Banquer, Jan 2, 2013
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...302126bc6be21d

"This is yet another one of KiddingNoOne's many lies." Jon Banquer,
Apr 3, 2013
http://groups.google.com/group/comp....a25a0cfef810a4