Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT ish; Chromebook

On 04/10/14 17:23, matthelliwell wrote:
On Saturday, 4 October 2014 10:01:33 UTC+1, The Medway Handyman
wrote:
Do any of the many clever people here have a view on the
Chromebook? I understand it uses a different operating system?
e.g. not Microsoft?

My wife and daughter have one each. They do what its says on the tin.
The only significant problem I've had is printing. You can't print
directly from them unless you have a Google Cloud Print ready
printer. Assuming you don't, you'd need another computer to act as a
print server.

Yes - I do not get why Android and ChromeOS do not have a native
printing API...