Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Cleaning a power amp

"1. QSC USA1300, after many years operating in a venue:

http://s10.postimg.org/6e3lpj3ft/qsc1.jpg "

Damn, that looks worse than some of the **** came out of my house.

Couple years ago I had a house and three roomies. We were all heavy smokers and not just tobacco. Over the coursae of one winter when all the windows are closed, it was enough to fog up the mirror in my laser printer.

The copies were fading, fading, fading. I'm sitting there like "I can't be running out of all four toners at once". I actually thought it had a high voltagge problem. But nope, that mirror was all fogged up.

On top of that it was an older house with gravity heat. You should've seen the dust accumulation in my computers and ****.

But TVs and other equipment coming out of bars that have kitchens were worse. That grease is a pretty effective glue after five or ten years. But even worse than that believe it or not was brownwares coming ut of hospitals. I really don't know why though, don't they have clean air standards in hospitals ? I mean I know an HVAC guy, and also know that there are rquirements about air flow/change every so many hours and all that. In fact you would think they would have biofilters and all that ****.

Of course that was some time ago.

It's probably alot worse now.