Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo Markettos Theo Markettos is offline

Default OT ish; Chromebook

Bill wrote:
I'll jump in here as by accident I seem to have ended up with a bunch of
cheap tablets. All of these seem excellent, and each cost between £26
and £45.
Makes/models are generally unimportant and I suspect most are just
badge-engineered from major makers (one I saw was offering, I seem to
remember, deliveries of up to 30,000 per day).

Yes and no. The manufacturers can churn out the volume because they're
already churning out the volume for Chinese customers, who aren't stuffed
with cash and hence these home-grown tablets are attractive. What they
aren't is the same as Samsung, Google, etc inside - those have quite
different hardware. Though you could argue it's a bit like a Windows PC:
the experience is very similar.

Theo