Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default Garage Door motor

"asalcedo" wrote in message

I have an Everest garage door at home.

It has stopped responding to the remote control or the wired switch.

Most likely the motor is fine, and it is just the board with the
electronics that has failed.

The Everest engineer has seen the door and has told me that they replace
the whole motor assembly, with two new remotes. At a cost of £1060,
which seemed to me extremely high.

The door is small, about 2.10 m wide and 2 m tall.

I have seen at 'Hormann Automation'
(http://www.thegaragedoorking.co.uk/a...nn_Motors.html)
similarly looking motors for a quarter of that price.

I am willing to purchase one and install it myself.

Is this easy to do?

What is the best brand?

Are they all the same system?

I can post a picture here. As far as I can see, my motor has a belt like
the ones in the pictures (Hormann motors, show it more clearly)

No one can say for sure.
But there are plenty of complete retro fit garage door openers out there for
a lot less than that.