Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hot Air Furnace Duct Cleaning: Good Idea ?

On 10/3/2014 9:52 PM, Curly Martan wrote:
On 10/2/2014 7:31 PM, Bob wrote:
What's the latest thinking on this subject ?

Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

Aunt Martha had her ducts cleaned. Within a week after the ducts were
cleaned, she passed away. I would not get the ducts cleaned.

I'll admit to having accidentally caused my
father's death. He was in the living room in
the hospital bed, and I went to change a light
bulb in the bathroom. I dropped the curly cue
CFL bulb with the mercury. I was going for a
dust pan to clean up the glass. Mom got out the
vac cleaner, and sucked it all into the vac bag,
and then ran a lot more air through the bag with
the vac cleaner. I remarked to Dad that we're all
going to die! and sure enough a few days later,
he's died. Maybe if Mom hadn't sucked all that
mercury into the vac cleaner bag?

--
..
Christopher A. Young