Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default OT ish; Chromebook

On 04/10/2014 11:27, A.Lee wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Do any of the many clever people here have a view on the Chromebook? I
understand it uses a different operating system? e.g. not Microsoft?

Linux operating system for mobile devices, including some laptops
(mainly the lightweight smaller cheaper ones)
Far more stable and secure than a Windows OS.

I've recently bought a 9" Tablet with Android OS at £38 inc. delivery.
Expecting it be be rubbish, my expectations were some blown away, as it
is an excellent device. I've got 150+ page manuals which open faster on
the tablet than the laptop sat here.

Plenty of horror stories out there about Google's online storage. Google
Drive, Google Sync, Google this that and the other bloody thing. Great
when it's working but they keep "improving" things, and nothing they do
is particularly intuitive to my mind. MS is the devil I know.

I've got a £50 Android tablet which is a bloated mess of apps you can't
get rid of but does work well for the very basic stuff.