Posted to uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default OT ish; Chromebook

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Do any of the many clever people here have a view on the Chromebook? I
understand it uses a different operating system? e.g. not Microsoft?

Linux operating system for mobile devices, including some laptops
(mainly the lightweight smaller cheaper ones)
Far more stable and secure than a Windows OS.

I've recently bought a 9" Tablet with Android OS at £38 inc. delivery.
Expecting it be be rubbish, my expectations were some blown away, as it
is an excellent device. I've got 150+ page manuals which open faster on
the tablet than the laptop sat here.

--
Alan
To reply by mail, change '+' to 'plus'