Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Strange refrigerator noises

On Fri, 03 Oct 2014 17:24:00 -0400, Rebel1
wrote:

I found the owner's manual. Here's what it says:

"Certain sounds may accompany the various cycles of
the ice maker. The motor may have a slight hum, the
cubes will rattle as they fall into an empty storage pan
and the water valve may click or “buzz” occasionally."

My concern is, I hear the rattling even if no cubes are falling into the
pan.

I'd empty the ice, check that the auger is correctly seated. Frozen
together cubes can make the ice maker auger to chatter. YMMV

Let us know the solutions you find G