Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Hot Air Furnace Duct Cleaning: Good Idea ?

On Fri, 03 Oct 2014 08:11:30 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 10/2/2014 7:50 PM, RobertMacy wrote:
That's background. So under insurance claim was allowed to purchase an
electrostatic air cleaner! Fairly expensive too. I put it in the corner
of our bedroom, turned it on, laid down on the bed. After it ran a few
short moments; it literally felt like someone had been sitting on my
chest for years got up and left! The effect was THAT dramatic.

Combine the cleaners with having the ducts
cleaned out, I'd expect some improvement.

My problem turned out to be stuff growing
in the tray of my window AC. I had to take
it all apart, clean it, and clorox it. That
helped, in my case. I also rerouted the
condensate, so it doesn't collect in the
tray any more, it runs dry. I know about
slinger rings, and evaporative cooling for
the condenser, but I prefer not having slime
build up.

If your slinger can't sling slime, you need a slicker slinger.

.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org