Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Your Thoughts On Trey Gowdy

On Thursday, October 2, 2014 10:58:52 AM UTC-7, F. George McDuffee wrote:

Just because one is not pro Israel does not mean one is

antisemitic.

The correctness of Star Trek's Prime Directive about non

interference is becoming increasingly clear. The U.S. and

indeed the "West" have no business attempting to impose our

"developed" values on the MidEast. We have managed to

topple the secular Ba'athist Arab regimes* because of their

nationalism, particularly regarding oil, thus removing the

barriers these regimes provided against Islamic

fundamentalism, such as ISIS/ISIL (and if it was not

ISIS/ISIL it would be something similar).

*Ba'athist regimes are/were no models of 21st century

progressive democratic thinking, but then 19th century

America [slavery, property qualification for the franchise,

male only franchise] and Europe until the 1950's wasn't

either.

http://tinyurl.com/m7tjm7w

http://tinyurl.com/yh6s8ud

Alternate history is always interesting, but consider how

things would have been different if rather than sabotaging

Nasser's efforts to create a United Arab Republic

http://tinyurl.com/pj3qd , the west had supported his

efforts, thus creating an Arab common market, and

suppressing reactionary Islamic "fundamentalism" which in

point of fact, actually attempts to reintroduce many

pre-Islamic social customs/structures. We would not have

driven the Arab societies to seek aid/advice from the

Communist bloc. While not an Arab country, we would have

not become involved in the British coup to overthrow the

legitimate Mossedegh government in Iran to restore the Shah

http://tinyurl.com/augerb, thus avoiding the current

instability. While the western oil companies would have

long ago been "shown the door," for everyone in both the

MidEast and Europe/America (except for a few oil company

executives and insider stockholders), this most likely would

have been a good outcome. http://tinyurl.com/lzg64eb

--

Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,

silver is the money of gentlemen,

barter is the money of peasants,

but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"

Frequently criticism of Israel is a way to delegitimize Israel and attempt to hide hatred for Jews.

Why anti-Zionism is inherently anti-Semitic:

http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/the-t...-anti-zionism/