Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Ionization Smoke Detector In Toddler's Room: How Safe ?

On Wednesday, October 1, 2014 3:04:47 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:
On 10/01/2014 1:22 PM, dpb wrote:

I agree, that's a possible solution. The comment was directed at why

they didn't put in a 10c diode so I would not have to do that.

See above...

Actually, more precisely, I suspect the cut got made at the earlier

"feature selection" level of what were/were not expected capabilities to

meet the target market niche/pricing level for the device rather than

being pared out on an individual component-level culling (altho that

certainly occurs as well as the price/specific component alternative

vendors/etc. evaluations that occur).

--

I can show you plenty of rechargeable, cheap, consumer products that
sell for what a smoke detector sells for, or less that have battery