Posted to alt.home.repair
Josh[_5_] Josh[_5_] is offline

Default Ionization Smoke Detector In Toddler's Room: How Safe ?

On Wed, 1 Oct 2014 08:11:32 -0700, "Pico Rico"
wrote:

I bet you report your neighbors who tear off their mattress tags.

Which, of course, has *never* been illegal. "Except by the consumer"
and all. I remember being 7 or 8, hearing someone "joke" about that
on TV, and being very confused because it was clear to me that the
tags meant that the manufacturer and retailer couldn't remove them,
but we as the final purchaser could.

This was in the late 70s/early 80s; perhaps sometime before then those
words weren't on there? Or it just makes a better joke to pretend
they aren't?