Posted to alt.home.repair
Pico Rico Pico Rico is offline

Default Ionization Smoke Detector In Toddler's Room: How Safe ?

"Bill Gill" wrote in message
On 10/1/2014 7:47 AM, trader_4 wrote:
It is when you have 8 of them and some of them are in high ceilings
that you can't reach with a small step ladder. I can see you're one
of the guys that believes in big govt and more regulation, rather than
personal choice.

Actually I believe in safety. That seems to me to be a much
more important point than whether there is some mild inconvenience.
How many television reports have you see where somebody died
in a fire and "there were not working smoke detectors"?

Then why stop at 8? Why not 15? Why not a personal one you carry on your
belt?

Four smoke detectors within 10 feet for a guy who lives alone, and has two
bedrooms which are not capable of housing anyone (one is an office, the
other is a storage room)? That has nothing to do with safety. It has to do
with "one size fits all".

I bet you report your neighbors who tear off their mattress tags.