Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default How to get Glidden paint to adhere to joint compound skim coat?

On 9/30/2014 10:58 AM, RobertMacy wrote:
This is just in one area, everywhere else seems ok, same materials, too.
and I KNOW there is no moisture leaking etc.

One small area of resurfacing, I'm having difficulty getting the paint
to adhere to the skim coat. Multiple coats and months later snag and you
can peel off a thick sheet the size of a sheet of paper! I've done
multiple things to get paint to stick here, like even using a tack rag
to wipe over the surface first, going through several tack rages, too. I
swear I've seen this effect on multiple skim coats too where a layer
simply peels off underneath layers.

Is the problem waiting too long before painting, or resurfacing, or not
long enough? I'm about ready to tear the whole !$#@!@$# thing out and
start over, but that is not a viable option this time.

Any ideas as to how to make the paint adhere? coat with glue? what?

Home Depot Glidden Paint and Sheetrock brand premixed joint compound.
other areas -- no problems.

Did you PRIME it? If not, start over ) It must be primed (read label
for suggestions), and there are special primers for new drywall.