Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Cheap electric pressure washer at HF?

On Thu, 25 Sep 2014 19:37:14 -0500, Dave Garrett
wrote:

And before anyone says "why don't you just fix the oil leak?", it's
coming from a bad rear main seal on the car in question, which means
the transmission has to be pulled to fix it. I'm not going to spend
$1000 in labor to replace a $2 seal when I can just top off with half a
quart of oil or so in between oil changes.

Why don't you fill a box with cat litter or oil-sucker-upper and park
your car over the box. So the spot doesn't get bigger.

I think it's funny that they sell ultrasonic distance detectors to help
a person park at the same spot in the garage every time.

My mother just tied a string to the ceiling of the garage and tied a
little toy to the bottom of the string, right where her side of the
windshield hit it, when she was parked where she wanted to. It cost
nothing and has no batteries to replace.

Better than ultrasonic, because that comes on all of sudden. The toy
you can see from 6 feet away or more, and slow down unitl you have it
perfect.

P&M