Posted to alt.home.repair

Default faucet handle turning direction

On 9/30/2014 6:03 PM, nestork wrote:
DadiOH: Sorry, but where I live hot is always on the left was well.

Enigma: Why does the plumbing code require that hot be on the left? I
know hot is normally on the left, but I didn't know that there was a
requirement that it be so. And, I know even less why there would be
such a requirement.

As my father explained to me, most folks are
right handed. The tendency is to pull the right
faucet more, and they don't want people getting
burned by more hot, if hot were on the right.

--
..
Christopher A. Young