Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default How to get Glidden paint to adhere to joint compound skim coat?

On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 10:04:52 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

I would apply a primer, then the top coat. I guess
it's possible the mud was contaminated with something. I've never
seen this happen.

- The surface must be clean, free of dust, grease, wax, peeling paint,
mold, mildew and wallpaper paste. If washing is necessary, use a
non-soapy detergent or a TSP substitute. Rinse well and allow to dry.

- Peeling or Checked Paint: Scrape off loose paint and sand to a
smooth surface.

- Glossy Surfaces: For maximum adhesion, scuff sand the surface
thoroughly before priming.

(per Kilz primer use)

TSP should be the red box and not the green box, located on the paint
aisle.