Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill Gill Bill Gill is offline

Default Ionization Smoke Detector In Toddler's Room: How Safe ?

On 9/30/2014 8:21 AM, Pico Rico wrote:
"VinnyB" wrote in message

'Bob[_44_ Wrote:

Anyone know of any Links where there is information regarding
how safe an Ionization type of Smoke Detector is in a youngster's room.

I would not put one in the kids room. How about the hallway right
outside the kids room?
--
I kill-file all messages posted through Google Groups.

A guy I know lives alone, and when he had minor work done that required a
building permit, he was required to install FOUR smoke detectors within
about 10 feet of each other - one in each bedroom, by its door, and one in
the hallway.

The chirping when the batteries all went low at the same time drove him
nuts, so now he has one smoke detector in the hall and three spares.

Thereby bypassing the safety codes that are imposed to
protect us and our children.

Bill