Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+ Tim+ is offline

Default Recycle/dispose problems

WhinYett wrote:
On 30/09/2014 13:22, Tim Watts wrote:
On 30/09/14 12:53, WhinYett wrote:
I am in the process of clearing out our "pig sty" (it was one many years
ago). It has been used by 3 hoarders including myself over several
decades. I have unearthed two items which nobody seems prepared to take
from me:-

i) CO2 cylinder. 5ft long job labelled distillers company! It is not
empty.

Can you empty it in a controlled fashion?

If so, try the scrappies again, showing them the valve open.

It has its valve so I guess so. Any hazards?
Frank

I still doubt that they'll take it. I couldn't get rid of a thick aluminium
cylinder with the valve removed as the smelters don't like anything that
can trap any air. Seems daft but that's what I was told. Only way is to
cut it in half first.

As others have said, local welders might find a use for it.

Tim