Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Kluber Grease vs Moly Kote BG20

On Friday, September 26, 2014 5:02:42 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
I'm getting ready to reassemble a quill spindle, and I have two choice for

grease. The guy who sent me the spindle sent me a small film canister of

"Kluber" grease. He said it was the cat's meow for spindle bearings, but I

can't really tell exactly what it is since he sent it in generic film

canister. 1`

I also have most of a squeeze tube of MolyKote BG-20 left over from when I

regreased the Yuasa speeder I picked up. Its rated for high speed, high

load, and high heat. It is some pretty decent looking stuff on paper, and I

know exactly what it is as its in the original factory packaging. I've got

enough in the tube to lube dozens of bearings. My instinct is to pitch the

film canister and use the MolyKote, but I was wondering if there was any

inherent problem with using this stuff in a "normal speed" application.

96-3600 RPM. Loads upto about 3 horsepower before VFD programming trips an

error.

Why don't you ask the guy who sent the grease for the specific part number?