Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Was chain sawing a dead Monterey Pine today & had a few basic questions

On Mon, 29 Sep 2014 05:33:43 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

Was chain sawing a Monterey Pine today and have a few basic questions:
https://c3.staticflickr.com/3/2941/1...77d52069_b.jpg

My main question is about the chain:

I was stupid, it seems, and I had been buying chains from Home Depot, who
only sells the Y62 chain for my 18-inch Husky 445, which I only recently
found out, really takes an H72 (which Lowes sells) chain:
https://c3.staticflickr.com/3/2944/1...944028f121.jpg

So *maybe* that's why my chains kept falling off while cutting?
https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3883/1...147c05e6_c.jpg

What damage could I have done by running at least two chains (maybe 3)
that were, in effect, the wrong chains because Home Depot sold me a Y62
instead of what Lowes sold me, which is the H72 for that Husqvarna 445
chainsaw.

You had to stop and put the chain on many? times.