Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts[_2_] Jeremy Nicoll - news posts[_2_] is offline

Default [OT} Electricity usage

Johny B Good wrote:

You seem to be making it harder to test than is necessary. Assuming you're
talking about a small electric hob designed to be plugged into a 13A
socket on your kitchen ring main,

No, T&E into a cooker point.

just unplug/switch off the fridge for the required time to get a useful
reading off the supplier's meter (or else use the plug in monitor).

Yes, I was just trying to illustrate an example use of subtraction.

An electric oven is usually connected to a cooker point fed via a
dedicated spur from the CU, usually 6 or 10mm FT&E cable fused at 45A
(same applies for the immersion heater but fused at 15A using 2.5mm FT&E).
You'd need to make sure everything else was shut off to test this by
counting revs/blinks at the supplier's meter.

Or... supply the other stuff (eg fridge) via plug-in meter... and subtract,
which is the point I was making.

to replacing "aaa" by "284".