Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default outdoor temp sensor/ Boiler reset control for steam boiler?

On 9/28/2014 7:16 PM, nestork wrote:

All I'm saying is that if the OP would be largely wasting his money on a
programmable indoor/outdoor reset controller if his building is concrete
block construction. The heating system simply cannot change the
temperature of all that concrete by 10 degrees F every 24 hours, and
(provided tenants leave their windows closed) the concrete won't cool
down by 10 degrees F within 24 hours.

True, but who cares. The only thing critical is maintaining 68 as a
minimum during the day and whatever it drifts down to at night as long
as it does not go below 55.

What the OP wants to do is
analagous to measuring with a micrometer, marking with a piece of chaulk
and cutting with an axe. If he has concrete block walls, the thermal
inertia of the walls is going to obliterate any programming he does
anyway.

Maybe the OP will chime in here, but I think he just wants to abide by
the law and maybe save a few bucks on fuel. I think you are overly
concerned about thermal mass that is going to work in his favor.