Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Building a treehouse in the redwood grove of a neighbor (picsincluded)

On 09/28/2014 12:31 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 28 Sep 2014 16:50:02 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

Following that diagram, we put the "saddle" of the clamps on the
"live end" (the mnemonic we used was "don't saddle a dead horse").
http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billav...pe%20clips.jpg

Just curious. Is there a torque spec for those clamps? Or ...

Yeah...just noticed Danny has referenced the Crosby data so he
undoubtedly has seen the table there...for the 3/8", they recommend 45
ft-lb.

http://www.fdlake.com/wrclips.html

I still think the clips should be used as delivered by the manufacturer
(w/o any additional locknut, that is), with, at most, some threadlock or
perhaps substituting a nylok nut. If were really, really, paranoid,
guess could test the fully-torqued position and then drill and go to
castle nut and pin on a couple.

But, thermal expansion is not an issue that's going to cause any
loosening of the fasteners if torqued.