Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Gorilla Glue / Polyurethane Glue Question

On 9/27/2014 5:39 PM, Bob wrote:
Hello,

I may be wrong, but I think that Gorilla Glue product is a Polyurthane
glue.
Correct ?

Yes.

In any event, when would one use this Gorilla glue rather than, e.g.,
the typical 2 part epoxy ?

When you have small gap that you don't have the ability to fix properly.

Would be for a wood project.

Special circumstances? A good PVA wood glue makes a joint stronger than
wood itself to using a stronger glue is of little benefit. That said,
if it is going to be submerged or in really west conditions, the epoxy
or urethane may be better.

I've done hobby woodworking for a number of years and never used Gorilla
glue, but I have used epoxy for some outdoor benches. I've also used
Titebond 3 with good outdoor results.