View Single Post
  #5   Report Post  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob[_44_] View Post
Hello,

I may be wrong, but I think that Gorilla Glue product is a Polyurthane glue.
Correct ?

In any event, when would one use this Gorilla glue rather than, e.g.,
the typical 2 part epoxy ?

Would be for a wood project.

Thanks,
Bob

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
AVAST 2014 | Antivirus Gratuit - Télécharger la meilleure protection anti-malware
Bob:

Gorilla glue is just like so many other products; they don't stand out in any particular catagory.

For wood, white wood glue has the advantages that it dries clear for a nearly invisible repair. It's not very water resistant, and so you don't want to use it outside.

For wood, LePage's PL Premium construction adhesive has the advantage that it's about the strongest glue you can get for gluing wood together (except perhaps for a two part epoxy), and it's completely waterproof like epoxy, so it can be used outside.

LePage's has modified their PL Premium formulation to produce construction adhesives with higher initial tack, but so far as I know, the ultimate bond strength after curing is still the same as with the original PL Premium.

So, if you want a near invisible repair, use white wood glue. If it's bond strength you're after, PL Premium is the way to go. Gorilla Glue is one of those other hundreds of adhesive products that doesn't stand out in any particular catagory.

Last edited by nestork : September 28th 14 at 12:32 AM