Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default A Few Goings On, Here

"Sonny" wrote in message

On Saturday, September 27, 2014 10:15:15 AM UTC-5, Swingman wrote:

Every time I see someone from South Louisiana utter the word "camp", I
get homesick and immediately get envie - to go shoot/catch something
that will fill the pot that taste good.
Good post, enjoyed update.
Sorry about your finger, Cher ... Pauve ti bete!

Thanks Karl.

Jonas and the boys are at the camp, now. Got an email this morning, Ian
caught a nice little catfish.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...in/photostream

We're surprised they are that large, already, having stocked the lake
only 1-1/2 yrs ago. Some bream are 4". Bass & white perch are still
tiny, maybe 3".

Got a catfish story for you, Sonny...

When I was a little kid, we lived for a while in Kansas City, Kansas.
There was a park near the center of town called - IIRC - "Big Eleven".
There was a fair sized but shallow pond in the park frequently used by the
Baptists to dunk new Baptists.

In that pond there were catfish, used to go feed them bread. We moved
from KCK when I was 11 but I remembered those catfish as B I G catfish!
I'm talking 3' long. Well, I attributed that size to the fact that I was
little when I saw them but years later wife and I passed through KC and I
took time to go look...they really are 3' long. Maybe more.

Sorry about the finger, a sore one sure DOES make doing stuff hard.

--

dadiOH