Posted to alt.home.repair
Guv Bob Guv Bob is offline

Default Pavers or Tile over Asphalt Driveway?

wrote in message ...
I did exactly what your asking about. I live in NC. I rented a jack hammer and removed 3' of asphalt from the top and bottom of a 100' driveway. I pit down 3/4" of sand using 3/4" PVC pipe to get it basically level. I used 20 pallets of pavers. I did this 25 years ago. I moved from that house 13 years again but drove by recently and it looks brand new.

Thanks, RB! That's good to hear. I'm hoping to get to it this spring. For meThis is a "one of these daze" projects when I have all the "emergency" fix-it items done. Any chance on your taking a photo of that driveway and posting or emailing? (I grew up in NC and it's 1000 times better than Calif, believe me...)